Of course monochrome is nothing new… The neutral colors have inspired designers for seasons.
Chances are at some point in your life, you’ve been told that your monochrome outfit is too boring.
Africa has warmed up so lets warm up the monochrome with a little color too.
One of the strongest trans-seasonal trends, monochrome isn’t going anywhere.
Ill tell you something for nothing fashionistas- being on trend was never more easy!
Here is why.
- Monochrome is a classic look. Its timeless, even if the fashion Gods aren’t dictating it for the season you CAN wear it.
- It always looks smart and instantly polishes up your look, perfect for those days when you need a quick confidence boost.
- No matter the occasion or time of the day, dress in a black and white ensemble and your good to go!
- Another advantage, you can work this look on a budget.
- The combination is inherently stylish. Aim for pieces that are made well and will wear well over time .
Now on to my favourite part…
- splash of colour, this look lends itself very easily to colour. Don’t be boring.
I love styling monochrome with colorful accessories and shoes as you will see below.
- Add blue, red, fuchsia, orange,green and even leopard print if you dare to make a statement and stand out.
Whatever you add make sure to use the right amount of pop.
A universally flattering look, with staying power like no other, rock monochrome wherever you are whenever you want.
Stay stylish xx
Picture courtesy – Walji residence